Sunday, April 29, 2007

First post @ Blogger.com--how exciting!

I've had a personal blog on a different site for a couple years, but I feel guilty posting my ramblings about scrapbooking and photography there since I think I bore my non-scrapbooking friends. I'm not sure who I expect to read this blog besides probably my husband O.J. occasionally. Maybe as I slowly start posting at various forums online, I'll meet some people in the digital world who might want to check in and see what I'm up to sometimes. Who knows, but really, I'm creating this blog for me at this point to just put my thoughts down for my own reference.

I envision this as my creativity blog where I want to note things that inspire me, rant about things that failed to impress me, and "talk through" the creative ideas I have for my scrapbooking. I've recently made the leap into the digital scrapbooking world, and I love it. I've only had a couple layouts printed so far at scrapbookpictures.com, but I'm a definite convert. I don't plan to ever give up paper scrapbooking entirely because I have WAY too much stuff that I accumulated in the "shop and hoard" phase of the hobby for me to NOT paper scrapbook. :-)

When I was choosing my blog name, I wanted incorporate my newfound love for the digital side of scrapbooking and my desire to keep things simple in my designs. (I'm a huge fan of Becky Higgins and Cathy Zielske, especially her more recent 12 x 12 designs, if that helps give you an idea of the style I like.) I love how some of more ornate layouts look, but they don't feel like "me" when I've tried them.

No comments: